BUILD-A-BRICKBUSTER COMPETITION RULES
Ones and Zeros Pixelshow (www.onesandzerospixelshow.com), a nonprofit devoted to promoting the digital arts, is hosting a worldwide contest, www.buildabrickbuster.com, to find the best LEGO videos.
Winners will receive prizes provided by LEGO Universe (like special edition LEGO sets, LEGO Universe memberships, in-game items, console games, etc.) and will be invited to show their works presented at the Build-A-Brickbuster Pixelfest in Broomfield August 13-14, 2011.
- In order for a video to qualify, LEGO bricks, sets, video games and other LEGO tools of the imagination must be intrinsic to the creation of the film/video/animation.
- All forms will be considered, from documentary and stop-motion to CGI and machinima. Aside from obvious categories like best effects and script, awards will be determined by what videos we receive that strike us. If we get a lot of great zombie flicks, we'll have "Best Undead" award.
- All work handed in MUST BE ORIGINAL WORK created solely by the artist. Any work that is found not to be an original work of the artist will be disqualified.
- Music clips that are not the filmmaker's original work should not be used unless written permission from the owner has been obtained to do so. Work cannot be used to advertise specific companies or persons and no website information, addresses or phone numbers of persons or companies should be included in any work.
- Please make sure that the participant's name, entry name (name of the animation or digital film) and other details are spelled correctly. The information should be either typed or written in block capitals.
- A playable DVD of the Build-A-Brickbuster entry must accompany the entry form. The DVD should play in a standard DVD player. Each entry must include a form with the entrant’s name, the name of the submitted Video, entrant’s age, phone number, address and email. The name of the brick flick should be clearly marked on the DVD. Only one entry per envelope.
- All entries must be postmarked by August 5th to: Build a Brickbuster Contest, c/o Ones and Zeros Pixelshow, P.O. Box 681, Broomfield, CO 80038-0681.The entries for display will be judged on technical aspects, creativeness and originality of the work. Prizes and certificates for exceptional work will be awarded.
- You may email a link to your video to:firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, age, name of entry and contact information, or upload files smaller than 192MB at: Submit Online.